Thursday, November 30, 2006

Day 96 Pay it Forward

You may have heard this expression before, or seen the movie of the same title. Pay it Forward is the idea that you do something helpful/wonderful/deserving for a stranger. You have created good from nothing, and for no specific reason. If everyone "pays it forward" then we will all make the world a better place.
I think that when anyone has been helped through a difficult time and had to rely on friends and strangers, they come out of the bad time with a need to return the favor.
I haven't quite figured out what my pay it forward act will be. I have volunteered so many different ways, and have enjoyed being a volunteer, I will have to find something specific and special to pay back what I have received. I hope that a unique opportunity presents itself, but I will also be on the lookout for a situation that can fulfill this need I have to give back.

No comments: