Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Day 94 Interacting with the Rest of the World

At work, the sales admin, Holly, has taken over so many of my admin responsibilities, mostly because I haven't been able to talk on the phone. I get a message from someone, and research the question and then bring everything over to her and whisper the details. Then she calls them back and I stand there and listen and write down responses to questions that Holly can then rely back to the phone. It has worked out fine, but a little bit of a pain...
So, today I arrived at work with my phone voice back. Despite all the help that Holly has been, I have a list of things that I needed to do on the phone myself and couldn't. I reviewed the list and will do a few a day as my voice lasts.
I have just been whispering out in public and people just kind of nodded... today I ordered my coffee in a full scratchy voice and had a full conversation with the cashier... it felt great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't give up the blog -- you may have countless thousands of folks out there just waiting for the good word from carolyn -- jbr