Sunday, December 03, 2006

Day 99 Remembering the Journey

I think that these 100 days have given me tremendous insight into another world. I have been blessed with an incredibly healthy family and friends. I haven't even had anyone really close to me die, and I have no experience with long term illness. This has been my glimpse into what it is like to feel awful and still have to go through the day with your kids.
I also have an appreciation for friendship, and how each of my friends showed me a different side of them. Some of them still need to hug me every time I see them. Some of them cried every time they heard my whisper on the phone. I have a renewed energy for being a full person. I mean full in the sense of making each day positive, mostly for my husband and kids, but also for the rest of the world. I don't want to think that I went even a few hours without reaching out to someone and sharing and being a friend.
On my 40th birthday earlier this year, I was sure that this would be my best year yet. A few weeks ago, at the height of my misery, I was pissed at what a bad year this was turning out to be. But now that I am healthy and healed and happy, I can look back on the 100 day journey and see it for the positive things that I can take away.

No comments: