Monday, December 04, 2006

Day 100 Free from cancer.

Declared Cancer Free by your Dr. and feeling Free From Cancer.

When does this happen? I will have follow up appts. for the next 5 years, which include CT scans and chest xrays... I imagine that waiting for these results each time will be stressful.

Even when you are cancer free, you are never free from cancer. (Remember, no one is free from cancer). Cancer happens and it is really out there. My memory is already fading of my daily trips to the center. My life has quickly gone back to the old normal routine with the new old me. I am the same and I am very different. I have the fading memories (and a lot of turtlenecks and scarves).

I am quite sad to be writing this entry. I am still amazed that I made it through all 100 days with something say. I am going to try and keep up the blogging, so in the future you can check in with me at Teddy's House. (see the link to the right) It is not about me, it is about the kids and our life, and not really as interesting. I started blogging last year as a way to becoming a writer, and I didn't make it very far. I can assure you that I will not be making daily entries, but I will set a goal to make at least one entry a week, and let's see how it goes.

Thank you to everyone that has been reading this and keeping up with me. This blog has given me a tremendous sense of community, that there are people far away that check in to see how I am doing. I really appreciate the words of encouragement and the emails from everyone, please continue to check in with me.

No comments: