Saturday, December 02, 2006

Day 98 Holiday Cheer

I could not have asked for better timing for this whole "chapter". (although it did kinda' wreck my summer). I randomly picked 100 days back in August, not really knowing what was going to happen, and what my health would be like in December. I did skip Halloween and was quiet at Thanksgiving. I am ready for Christmas. I am ready for my holiday decorations and lights on the bushes and a christmas tree.
At the same time, now that I am feeling better I realize how much life just goes on. My kids still know very little of the details of my diagnosis. I am glad that I made the decision to keep this all quiet and in the background. Now that I am truly moving on, I am glad that the kids will not have this to worry about. I am also running out of excuses to stay home at night. I will have to make some decisions about which committees I officially retire from. It is easy to "retire" when you haven't been to any meetings for a few months.

No comments: